Here Is everything your relationship doctor has never told you about

Friday, May 12, 2006

Lost people!

Some days i have sat myself down and tried to look back at my whole life from beginning to present,and i can't help but get amused at some of those crazy things i did in my rowdy days.Then it hits my mind;what really was i up to?

I bet am not the only one asking such questions.I believe that by the time many people are into adulthood and beyond,they usually look back sometimes with amusement and other times with remorse...

What really used to stimulate me to do all that crazy stuff?Now let try...I used to(like most other people did or still do)have a picture of :

What ideal behaviour should be like,and i started to conform myself to behaving like that.This was mostly done so i would be acceptable to the public.But there is an inner part of me that naturally generates behavioural partterns according to how i respond to my environment.

Society has set patterns in our lives:What marriage should be like....how to date someone...how to eat...drink...blah blah blah.The more these trends are set,the more they cause problems.This is because many of those set rules actually don't let people be who they actually are.They just act..and when the real person shows up.....It's all over.

I got into conflict with myself,because my mind was keeping an image of who i wanted to be and yet my inner system generated another way of behaviour according to how i reacted to the environment.When the surrounding is full of alcohol and it's the "in thing"then am in it,because i don't want to be left by the bus....Did i say i was alone?

Well,just how often did i do stuff i hated doing just to be accepted by my buddies?Am not the only one here!As i look at unfolding events from right here adjacent to the source of the Nile,I see numerous lives at conflict and being towed away by the trends.

So one day as i sat and thought out everything,i figured that i should stop letting my environment run my life.I made a decision to conquer it instead,so i started sieving everything i would get from the environment.Whatever was important would be taken in and all else that was rubbish,discarded.

I bet everyone makes decisions on a daily basis,but some decisions carry more weight than others.At one time i was one of those lost people,who's every decision springs from their friends and company.UNTIL i decided to get my own back..........what do they call true freedom?................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home